St. Luke’s After-School Care
At St. Luke’s After-School Care (ASC), we are committed to bringing the best service you are familiar with, as well adapting to all changes that may come. Due to the ongoing pandemic, at this point in time, we will be only picking up from the following schools:
- West University
- Poe/River Oaks*
- Mark Twain
- *Poe and River oaks will be the only two schools that will be sharing classroom and bus. Their numbers are low enough that we will be able give enough space to each child.
During ASC, we will be providing homework help and fun activities like field games, rec games, Friday Movie Day, arts and crafts, time in our in-house arcade, and Blanton games.
Depending on the room size, our ratios will be 10:2. Each student’s desk has been spaced out every 45 square feet so they are not right next to each other.
We will be bringing back our learning pods starting in January 2021. Here are the specs:
- Hours are from 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Drop-off is from 7:00-7:15 a.m.; Pickup is from 3:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Our classroom ratios are 10:2
- Counselors will provide both academic and technical support
- We will be providing fun activities such as field games, arts and crafts, and game time in our in-house arcade
- Tuition is $480 for every two weeks per child; $430 per sibling
- Children will be required to bring their own school supplies, which includes laptops, chargers, headphones, notebooks, writing utensils, etc.
- Services will be offered to students K-8th
For more information, you can call us at 713-402-5075.
We are taking every precaution to keep all campers, families, and staff safe. This includes, daily temperature checks, hand-sanitizers in every room and buses, specific route times to avoid cross-contamination, assigned bathrooms for every group, bathrooms cleaned every 30 minutes, teacher cleaning and disinfecting protocols, and nightly deep cleaning and fogging with EPA approved disinfectant. The maintenance team at St. Luke’s have also now upgraded our HVAC system with a Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization technology that studies have shown a 99.4% reduction rate on a COVID-19 surface strain within 30 minutes. As an added precaution, we are requiring that ALL children must wear a mask while indoors. Please remember that masks can be a bandana, neck sleeve/gaiter/buff, homemade masks, or any medical mask.